St. John’s Daily
April 5, 2020
Please see our website for login information to join activities below:
If you have questions, please contact Fr. Rick at 802-760-7787
By G. K. Chesterton 1874-1936
When fishes flew and forests walked
And figs grew upon thorn,
Some moment when the moon was blood
Then surely I was born.
With monstrous head and sickening cry
And ears like errant wings,
The devil’s walking parody
On all four-footed things.
The tattered outlaw of the earth,
Of ancient crooked will;
Starve, scourge, deride me: I am dumb,
I keep my secret still.
Fools! For I also had my hour;
One far fierce hour and sweet:
There was a shout about my ears,
And palms before my feet.
Source: The Collected Poems of G. K. Chesterton (Dodd Mead & Company,
Light a candle during Sunday Morning Prayer worship
Fr. Rick invites you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Palm Sunday Morning Prayer 10:00am
Please bring a lighted candle and a palm branch from a previous year or a branch from any nearby tree with you to worship.
Please join St. John’s in the Mountains worship in community every Sunday at 10:00 am.
For the service bulletin click on: Morning Prayer for April 5, 2020
For social time, you may login every Sunday at 9:00 AM to chat with friends and stay online after the service until 12 noon.
For Zoom Meeting: press here to join by computer:
Enter Meeting ID: 880 246 421
Smartphone and Home Phone
Dial 929-205-6099 and enter the meeting code: 880 246 421
Please see the parish website for additional information found on the Worship and Activities Center page for additional worship services at St. John’s in the Mountains.
Zoom Step-by-Step Instructions
Zoom is a “web-based” program that is fairly simple to use for video-conferences. You do not need to have Zoom downloaded on your computer – no software required.
We invite you to log in at 9:00 am. Morning Prayer will begin at 10:00am.
Directions if you are on a computer
(If you want to join by phone, please see instructions below.)
Please follow these steps to help you log on and join in worship on your home computer (desktop, laptop, IPad).
1. Press the link (blue letters) where it reads “Join Zoom Meeting”
2. You will see a new webpage open on your computer. Do not worry, this is normal.
3. You will see a smaller box appear on your screen that reads, “Join with computer Audio”. Press that button. If you have a webcam, there will also be a prompt that reads, “Join with computer video.” If you want to be present via video, then press that button.
4. You should then see yourself and others in small picture frames. This is where you need to be.
If this process is not clear, or as happens on some computer systems, the process described above is not what you are experiencing, please call one of the folks below for assistance.
Nat Kinney 802-730-7574
Roger Nicholls 603-236-1120
Fr. Rick 802-760-7787
Next steps once you are in the video “Church” to help everyone focus and engage in our worship.
1. Once you are in the “room” say hello. Once people have greeted you, please press the “Mute” button on the bottom, left hand corner of the screen. Please leave the mute button on until Fr. Rick asks you to turn it off. Don’t worry, he will!
2. The bulletin for the service will also be seen on your screen once the service begins. It is designed in our traditional manner – all bold-faced text is for everyone to say together.
3. We will not be singing or have music.
4. If you wish to speak during the announcement time, please raise your hand and Fr. Rick will invite you to speak.
5. There is no capability to share the bulletin with individuals on the telephone. You will know some of the prayers and responses, so please join in as you are able.
If you have a camera, you can turn it on so the group can see you, but you can also keep it off. Please respect each person’s choice.